There is something mentally soothing about nettle soup. It’s a combination of factors that spring is finally here, the richness of vitamins in the unusual ingredient and the fact that you actually collected your own food in the wild – when was last time you did that?
The nettle soup proclaims: Spring has come, I’m good for you, and you’re a great gatherer!
Nettle soup Recipe
By February 23, 2014Published:
[ezcol_1third][/ezcol_1third] [ezcol_2third_end]When nature awakens and the herbs and leaves start to grow, reaching out for the sun, …
- 2 chicken breast fillets (skip if you opt for a vegetarian version)
- 200 grams nettles (a big bunch or 7 ounces)
- 2 potatoes peeled
- 1 onion peeled
- 2 boiled eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the broth boiling diced chicken breast fillets for abour 30 minutes.
- Add peeled and diced potatoes. While potatoes are being boiled, fry sliced onion in a small amount of vegetable oil, add into the pot.
- Add nettles and boil for about 5 minutes (untill the potatoes are soft). Add salt and pepper to taste and switch off the heat.
- Infuse for 15 minutes. Serve with sliced into circles eggs.