In the original recipe the base for the cakes is a sponge cake but you can also use shortbread cookies. You will also need some butter, cocoa powder and sweetened condensed milk.
- 2/3 can sweetened condensed milk (270 gr/9.5 oz)
- 100 grams butter, softened (3.5 oz)
- 500 grams sponge cake or shortbread cookies (16 oz)
- 5 tbs bitter cocoa powder (the one you need to boil)
- 2 tbs cognac (optional)
- If you use a sponge cake: Tear the sponge cake into pieces and put in to preheated to 100C (210 F) oven for 20 min to dry the cake a bit
- In a bowl beat up the butter and condensed milk using a wooden spoon
- Blitz the prepared sponge cake or cookies in a blender into breadcrumb substance, add cognac. Mix in butter and condensed milk.
- Form small potato-like cakes and powder them in cocoa. Put in a fridge for at least one hour
Tip 1: Chocoholics can add cocoa into the biscuits/sponge cake mixture
Tip 2: Bitter chocolate instead cocoa. You can melt bitter chocolate (70 per cent cocoa) putting a bowl with chocolate into a pan with water and bringing to boil until complete melting. Cover the cakes with the melted chocolate and leave to cool down