Pirozhnoe kartoshka recipe
- 2/3 can sweetened condensed milk (270 gr/9.5 oz)
- 100 grams butter, softened (3.5 oz)
- 500 grams sponge cake or shortbread cookies (16 oz)
- 5 tbs bitter cocoa powder (the one you need to boil)
- 2 tbs cognac (optional)
- If you use a sponge cake: Tear the sponge cake into pieces and put in to preheated to 100C (210 F) oven for 20 min to dry the cake a bit.
- In a bowl beat up the butter and condensed milk using a wooden spoon.
- Blitz the prepared sponge cake or cookies in a blender into breadcrumb substance, add cognac. Mix in butter and condensed milk.
- Form small potato-like cakes and powder them in cocoa. Put in a fridge for at least one hour.
Tip 1: Chocoholics can add cocoa into the biscuits/sponge cake mixture.
Tip 2: Bitter chocolate instead cocoa. You can melt bitter chocolate (70 per cent cocoa) putting a bowl with chocolate into a pan with water and bringing to boil until complete melting. Cover the cakes with the melted chocolate and leave to cool down.
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook time:30 minutes
Tantalize your taste buds with easy to make Armenian chicken wraps!
Armenian chicken wrap is a variation of a world-known dish doner kebab or shawarma (also spelt as shaorma).
In Armenian shawarma, widely popular in Russia, the meat and the toppings are wrapped into Armenian flatbread lavash. The wraps are then additionally toasted for a delicious crust. Originally the meat for those chicken wraps is grilled over a vertical spit but for home version you can fry lean chicken breasts in a grill pan.
Easy to make and delicious, Armenian chicken wraps is a great and quick meal, also suitable for gathering of friends!