Zucchini and orange jam
This delicious treat is full of citrusy taste and of amber color. The unusual ingredient, zucchini, will not be recognized in the jam as it changes the texture and absorbs the flavor of orange. This jam will be a perfect company for a cuppa tea.
To make zucchini and orange jam you will need only a couple of ingredients which are easy to get from a grocery store. It is made in several quick and straightforward steps, but with longer waiting times: you can make these steps before and after work. Your close ones will love it, guaranteed!
Let’s get started.
Zucchini and orange jam Recipe
By September 20, 2023Published:
This delicious treat is full of citrusy taste and of amber color. The unusual ingredient, zucchini, will not be recognized in the jam …
- 1 kg peeled and cleaned zucchini
- 2 medium-sized oranges
- 1/3 lemon
- 600-800 gr sugar depending on desired sweetness
- Wash and peel the zucchini. Cut in long halves and scoop out the pulp with seeds.
- Dice the zucchini and put in a large pot.
- Wash the oranges and 1/3 of lemon, and, without peeling them, also dice them. Add to the pot and pour over the juice you got from cutting the fruit.
- Add sugar and mix well. Close with a lid and put into the fridge overnight. This is needed for the zucchini to release juices.
- The following morning, take the pot out of the fridge and place on the stove over the low heat. Boil for three minutes. Switch off the stove, cover the pot with a lid and cover with a kitchen towel. Leave the pot in the room temperature.
- In the evening, mix the pot’s contents and boil the jam for another three minutes. Cover the pot the same way and leave for the night.
- The following morning, once again boil the jam for three minutes on a low heat. Thus, we boil the jam for three times in the process of cooking.
- Let the zucchini and orange jam cool down and enjoy!