Armenian shaorma (doner kebab)
Tantalize your taste buds with easy to make Armenian chicken wraps!
Armenian chicken wrap is a variation of a world-known dish doner kebab or shawarma (also spelt as shaorma).
In Armenian shawarma, widely popular in Russia, the meat and the toppings are wrapped into Armenian flatbread lavash. The wraps are then additionally toasted for a delicious crust. Originally the meat for those chicken wraps is grilled over a vertical spit but for home version you can fry lean chicken breasts in a grill pan.
Easy to make and delicious, Armenian chicken wraps is a great and quick meal, also suitable for gathering of friends!
Armenian shaorma (doner kebab) Recipe
By October 12, 2013Published:
Tantalize your taste buds with easy to make Armenian chicken wraps! [ezcol_2fifth id="" class="" …
- 4 pieces of lavash
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cabbage (medium sized)
- 1 tomato
- 5 tbs mayonnaise
- 2 tbs graterd cheese
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbs any tomato sauce (or tomato pure)
Take 4 pieces of lavash out of freezer to thaw
- Gently flatten the chicken breasts with a meat tenderizer, slightly oil, salt and pepper both sides and fry on the grill pan, high heat
- ~While the chicken is getting grill fried:
- prepare the sauce - In a bowl, mix pressed garlic cloves, mayonnaise, cheese and a little bit of any tomato sauce (depending on what you've got in your fridge, you can use from spicy sriracha to ketchup)
- Shred the cabbage into thin strips
- Slice the tomato (The chicken now should be ready)
- Shred and chop the fried chicken into small and thin pieces
- Make the wraps:
- Spread the prepared sauce over the lavash pieces
- Sprinkle the shred cabbage and several pieces of tomato
- Sprinkle the fried and sliced chicken
- Slightly fold the upper and the bottom edges towards the middle, and roll it up from one end to another
(Note: do not put too much stuffing because when rolling the shaorma up it can become too thick).