Buckwheat braised with turkey
Russian dietary meal recipe with healthy buckwheat that preserves all its nutrients and vitamins due to cooking technique.
Buckwheat braised with turkey Recipe
By February 2, 2014Published:
[ezcol_1third] [/ezcol_1third] [ezcol_2third_end]Russian dietary meal recipe with healthy buckwheat that preserves all its …
- 600 grams turkey fillet
- 1/2 glass buckwheat
- 1 1/5 glass cold boiled water
- 2-3 medium sized carrots
- 1 onion
- black pepper, red pepper and coriander powder
- Wash the buckwheat, remove any black seeds and pour over with cold boiled water. Leave over night. (Or do it in the morning for an evening meal)
- Peal onion and carrot. Finely chop the onion, grate the carrot and fry in vegetable oil. Separately fry diced turkey fillet until half-done.
- Combine fried onions and carrot with turkey, add spices and salt, braise until almost ready.
- Add the buckwheat (pour the water out first), mix and braise for 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and leave under the lid for 15 minutes. The buckwheat will induce the turkey sauce and preserve all its vitamins.