Prunes and walnuts in smetana
Delicious and very easy Russian dessert. Only a few ingredients and several minutes of active time will result in a great dessert suitable for a party. In the original recipe a traditional diary product smetana is used but you can substitute it with other similar products – sour cream, plain yoghurt or crème fraîche.
Prunes and walnuts in smetana Recipe
By October 12, 2013Published:
[ezcol_1third][/ezcol_1third] [ezcol_2third_end]Delicious and very easy Russian dessert. Only a few ingredients and several minutes of …
- 500 grams sour cream or plain yoghurt (18 oz)
- 3 table spoons caster sugar
- 250 grams prunes (8.5 oz)
- 250 grams walnuts (8.5 oz)
- Wash the prunes and dry them over the paper towel.
- Stuff the prunes with walnuts, lay into serving bowls
- Mix up sour cream and sugar using a mixer. Pour the mix over the stuffed prunes
- Put into the fridge overnight or at least 6 hours for the sour cream to solidify